segunda-feira, 7 de outubro de 2013

Song 1

For ten thousand streets of treachery
My arrogance did tread
With the scorn of unfazed reason
No words ever left unsaid

What I knew was all to know
And what I saw was all to see
Biting hard and chewing faster
The green fruits of my frail tree

Raised my towers to the heavens
Had it all and wanted more
Wealth and fame and accolades
With no need to ask what for

Dead all deities of my pantheon
I could reign bold and supreme
Subjected to my strong yoke
All things flowing to my stream

But the clock I pledged allegiance
Soon would move its hands too fast
And the more in my possession
Like I could never have had less

The mouth fed with countless treasures
Gaping wide asking for more
Lost the shelter of my stronghold
My ships sunked far from the shore

On my lips my words of certainty
Would fall dead before its sound
And too loud I yelled my anger
While all towers crumbled down

And I saw with tearfilled eyes
My vain glory swept away
All my streets gone to a dead end
All my colors dimmed to gray

I had become death
And in the darkest core of my diseased soul
Ineffable found good soil
For a new tree